View Single Post
Old 06-21-20, 09:27 AM
jim_pridx

Bikes: 2010 Bob Brown Cycles tandem, 2019 Co-Mo Carrera tandem, 1980 Richardson tandem, 2014 Cervelo R3, 2018 Specialized Roubaix, 1985 Bianchi Campione, 1983 Trek 720, 2020 Trek Fuel EX8, 2021 Salsa Mukluk

Liked 116 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by reburns
It’s a pretty easy upgrade, about $250 in parts, as long as the distance between bottom brackets is compatible with the available parts. I did it initially to keep the left side of the bike cleaner for transport inside the car, but it’s also nicer from a maintenance standpoint and saves a small amount of weight.
Yeah, since we've been riding our Co-Mo Carrera for well over a year now, I've become quite familiar with the benefits of the Gates belt. I especially enjoy how clean it is as well as needing very little adjustment. Needless to say, I'm sold on it! Since I'm also in the process of doing a few minor upgrades to our Bob Brown tandem, it just makes sense to go this route on that bike as well. I just need to be certain that it'll fit before pulling the trigger on it.

EDIT: Since we currently have a da Vinci direct drive timing chain setup on the BB bike, I'll need a pair of new spiders in addition to the Gates belt and rings if I want to do this conversion. It might end up being a tad expensive.

Last edited by jim_pridx; 06-21-20 at 10:17 AM.