View Single Post
Old 06-21-20, 11:11 AM
canopus 

Bikes: Road, Touring, BMX, Cruisers...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 111 Posts
Question is what do you want to do with it? Do you want Brifters? Or do you like downtube shifting? If you change it, what kind of riding are you going to be doing with it?
I have a couple of 720's I dream of touring on, however I fix them up... Then my knees start acting up and I'm lucky to make it 5 miles. But those will be my touring steeds somehow someday.
My 710 I have changed to a neighborhood cruiser, 10s downtube indexed shifting, compact crank, B67 saddle and upright VO touring bars to go with my wife's Schwinn Breeze. At least until I get my '59 Schwinn Speedster. But I am enjoying it right now.
My Cannondale ST has fenders and downtube index shifting (10s) and the SR has it as well.

Point is really do what you want with it with how you want to ride it. And if you don't want to ride it anymore, then someone will love to take it from you because that is a beauty.

P.S. If you really need to get rid of the half step cranks, let me know. I have a 40 hole freewheel Phil hub set this will go good with.
1984 Trek 760
1981 Trek 710
Pics

Last edited by canopus; 06-21-20 at 01:47 PM. Reason: #$*%^@! Spellcheck BS And a PS
Likes For canopus: