Old 07-03-20, 09:44 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
˄˄˄˄
Originally Posted by rholland1951
I spent the afternoon with my grown daughter, celebrating her birthday with a ride through Wenham, Hamilton, and Ipswich. She led me a merry chase on her Cross Check, and I endeavored to keep up on the Trucker DeLuxe.

We rolled cheery on our Surlys.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
It’s always a joy to ride with someone dear to you, as I have with my wife, for many years….
...as well as my son.
…My now-28 year old son was only perfunctorily interested in cycling, and was learning to drive at age 14. When he went to Ann Arbor (U of Michigan) for college in 2007 we bought him a used Schwinn road bike and he used it much while there, and for getting around Boston after he graduated….

I once took him [Mike] on a 25-mile charity ride as an adolescent, and it rained. He admitted it was a nice ride, even though it "sucked."

As a post adolescent, our only long (~20 mile) ride together was about five years ago. It was congenial, and he rode faster than me, though I complained he didn’t give me a chance to warm up, and he complained his derailleur wasn’t working right.
Actually for a few years he rode my wife’s circa 1972 French Mercier road bike that we had used on a cross-country bicycle honeymoon.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 07-03-20 at 10:39 AM.
Likes For Jim from Boston: