View Single Post
Old 07-04-20, 10:20 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 114 Posts
Yes, I was there! What a blast! Very fun. I had no real clue where or how far I was going, so I kept asking people stuff, like, "Is this the Shack?"

One guy complimented my "hybrid," which was funny. Another guy said, "Nice bar-ends!"

I didn't make it to the village. I started out a half-hour later than I meant to, and was about two miles from the village when I hit the time that I had set for myself to turn back. Glad I did, because it was enough to do the three or four climbs on the way back down. This was a much longer ride than I've done in a while. Some day I'll do the whole thing, maybe even on a road bike.

I started from the high school, leaving at 7:30. Was back to the car before11:30, so a little under four hours all told.

I'm sure you passed me at some point, JimmyNH. Oh, wait … I remember a guy in a Deutschland jersey calling out to a Jimmy after he passed us, come to think of it. Huh. Next time I'll put a "BF" tag on my butt.
Likes For Chinghis: