Old 07-05-20, 09:24 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Meat. It's really that simple. Meat is the most efficient source of nutrient dense food that won't wreak havoc on our sugar metabolism. I fought the obvious for years and insisted on following the Conventional Wisdom for a healthy varied diet. But it turns out my carnivore friends had a point about the benefits they claimed for their diets. Although I'm no purist and don't do full keto.

Cook up a bunch of chicken fingers seasoned to your liking, enough to last a few days of snacking.

Cut back on the carbs and sugar. I still eat that stuff, but I try to limit it to fuel for workouts and harder bike rides. Although I ate some pecan pie today, on a rest day. I didn't explode.

I cut out beer and alcohol completely this year. Couldn't seem to metabolism alcohol anymore after my thyroid failed, and ended up with hangover symptoms after a single beer. Kinda took all the pleasure out of beer. I lost 10 lbs of belly fat. I was surprised to discover how much of my calorie intake was beer, especially those tasty and strong local craft beers. (Saved a lot of money too, for bike stuff or... food.)
Likes For canklecat: