Old 07-11-20, 04:43 AM
gear64

Bikes: State Black Label All Road, Univega Gran Premio, Lotus Classique, Terranaut Metro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 62 Posts
I currently have more frames than parts. So.... I had an issue where my Lotus Classique cranks kept working loose. I read many threads where the square taper and or crank were permanently damaged if rode for longer than X miles while loose. Meanwhile, while trying to make some adjustments to my Miyata 912 I realized I had a frozen stem, likely that way since I picked it up. I also was a little tired of the look, so my more attractive, best conditioned frame Lotus got a 'new' set of 600 cranks. They haven't budged since I put them on. I wish more manufacturers would have had that crank bolt/integrated puller design, so much easier than grabbing a second tool. When I went to put clipless pedals on my Univega Gran Premio, I found the previous owner may have cross threaded one of the pedals on... Now that bike has my Miyata 1000 cranks. Then I broke a spoke on that bike. Interim fix, Gran Premio now has 1000 wheels, which had been a modern upgrade to that bike. For the remainder of summer Lotus and Univega are my favorite bikes I want to keep going, but really want the 1000 running again eventually, not sure about the 912.