View Single Post
Old 07-23-20, 07:19 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
Under what circumstances would I care what some other cyclist is wearing, or what they paid for it? As long as they didn't take my money out of my pocket to buy their gear, I quite literally could not care less.

I have no opinions about Rapha one was or the other. I don't own any, because I'm cheap, and they sell bibs that cost more than my shoes (and I wear expensive shoes.) I'm a Black Bibs and jerseys-on-clearance-who-cares-what-brand kinda guy.

I do own a Cervelo though. Not a dentist.
Agree

When it comes to cycling "kit" I struggle much. It has only been in the last 3 or 4 months if that since started wearing road cycling pants in public.In the past I've always worn mountain bike shorts or way back touring shorts. Anyway, I want clothing that fits and is comfortable. I'm not big into brands or using my person as an billboard, all of my items of "kit" are as plain as possible. I cannot see me wearing a pro team jersey or bike brand, I'm just not that good and that seems pretentious anyway and I lack cycling talent. I do belong to two recreational teams/clubs and have team jerseys for them but I only wear them when I have to. I think the $60 or $70 bucks I paid for each of them is upper limit for me, 90% of my riding is with plain $20 jerseys.

But as others have said well it's their money.