Old 07-26-20, 07:17 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4522 Post(s)
Liked 4,222 Times in 2,825 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
The Kickr Core trainer looks like it will work with my wife's bike as far as the quick-release dimensions go, but it says it works with 8, 9, 10, and 11 speed cassettes, and her cassette is a 7-speed (SunRace MFM300 freewheel, 14-34, 7 speed).

Does this mean the Kicker Core is a no-go entirely, or would I just need to buy additional parts for the bike, the trainer, or both? I have no experience with trainers, so bear with me if this is a dumb question.
That my friend is a freewheel not a cassette: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/free-k7.html

You could purchase a 7 speed cassette to work but I gotta wonder what kind of bike she is running? 7 speed freewheels are long out of date so it is either something cool and vintage or she could use something a little nicer not from Aisle 10 at WallyMart and you could get a cheaper trainer. Either way check and make sure the spacing will work on that as it is possible the bike could still be 126 spaced (not likely in 7 speed but you never know)