Old 07-29-20, 12:11 PM
Ex Pres 
Cat 6

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 184 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986
Francophile, thanks for the additional information. Your *305198* serial number confirms a clear 1973, May, 198th frame if my interpretation of the numbering scheme is correct. Its been hard to get serial numbers on the Gran Turismo, Gran Rally, and Nuovo Record's that I've seen primarily because the owners don't tend to photograph or show the numbers. It is not clear if each model had its own numbers or shared them across the production with the Super Speciale, later Superlight, and the base Nuovo or Viva Sport. Usually I've found the early Italvega's have the frame size stamped on BB socket for down tube or between the chain stay sockets, but apparently some got out without them!
Hate to muddy your water, but my July 1974 delivered NR's serial number is four digits beginning with a 5. I don't recall any frame size stamp, but I guess I'm going to have to go back and check.

72 Frejus (for sale), Holdsworth Record (for sale), special CNC & Gitane Interclub / 74 Italvega NR (for sale) / c80 French / 82 Raleigh Intl MkII f&f (for sale)/ 83 Trek 620 (for sale)/ 84 Bruce Gordon Chinook (for sale)/ 85 Ron Cooper / 87 Centurion IM MV (for sale) / 03 Casati Dardo / 08 BF IRO / 09 Dogma FPX / 09 Giant TCX0 / 10 Vassago Fisticuff