Old 08-04-20, 10:01 AM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26477 Post(s)
Liked 10,442 Times in 7,245 Posts
Originally Posted by chevalier
You will make me restore it and I will end up keeping the bike I ride 56/57/58cm and this is a 53.5”, I wish it was my size.

thanks to both of you for providing these info. Additional pics are on the way.
...mine had some very similar cosmetic flaws. There was some paint flaking and rust in several spots under the top tube, the cable guides were paint free and rusty, that chrome fork was starting to show an unfortunate golden color under the chrome that is indicative of some corrosion that will soon be impossible to disguise, and the fork crown pantographing (apparently done post chroming) looked just like that. I just prepped, primed, and painted those spots and the entire fork with Marine Blue (the color of my frame), and filled the pantographing with a yellow that matches the decal lettering.

The decals are easily obtained from a couple of sources ( I used H Lloyd, but these are so popular to repaint that the decals pop up all over the place.)

So you won't get any restoration money or your time involved back on a sale, but you can tell whoever is buying it that it's not a huge job. I would definitely sell as is.

...or maybe sell the frame and keep the parts package in hopes of finding a frame only in my own size.