Old 08-06-20, 08:28 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 188 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
"Due to Covid-19 situation, there are few flights. So, we have below two deliveries for your reference.
DHL/Fedex: USD250 for one wheelset , 7~10 days roughly for delivery.
EMS plus delivery: around USD114 for one wheelset, around 12~15 days roughly for delivery.
Standard delivery: USD35 for one wheelset, 20~25 days roughly for delivery.It is a multimodal transport emergency lane, tax included."
I paid $177.50 to Wisconsin for FedEx... which is still insane, but then again, the wheels did have to literally be flown half-way around the world to get to my house. With that in mind, $200 for shipping doesn't seem so bad.

It's my opinion that unless you have some life threating condition where you need a new wheelset a.s.a.p. (hehehe...), you should either look to have a wheel set made in their USA facilities or just convince yourself that "good things come to those that who wait" and select the very affordable standard delivery.
Originally Posted by noodle soup
Good to know that we are able to avoid the stupid tRump tariff.
As an American who wants to see manufacturing jobs return to the USA, I support the tariffs... but that's a can of worms for a different forum. At least if one buys the LB wheels from the USA distributor, that employs a few US workers and saves a lot on shipping. It's a bummer that the DT Swiss 240 EXP hubs won't be in the USA warehouses for several months.