View Single Post
Old 08-07-20, 05:01 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
You provided an example of a HS miler being faster than an elite marathoner at a mile. It just simply isn't true. Likewise with WT riders racing and winning track races. WT races are slower for reasons related to distance, tactics, and motivation. But those same WT riders can rip up shorter distances as well. That they don't own strava is likely more due to interest, and time. If you're racing for a big pay check why bother with some non paid social media thing? Who cares? Let Gaimon build an empire around it. I'm not sure why you don't think a GT winner could come to the states and take a huge variety of strava segments were it not for the fact that they don't really matter. Could Froome win a crit? I bet he could attack from the line a TT the whole thing. Other than that I reckon the inherent crashiness would be the limiter. It's cool that you think your kid and his buddies are the best in the world (hey I dig my kid too) at some aspect of the sport but it come across as mere helicoptering. There's just not a lot that would indicate there's any truth to it.

Last edited by gsteinb; 08-07-20 at 05:36 AM.
Likes For gsteinb: