Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 04:52 PM
stephr1

Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
We're gonna head up to Williams, AZ for a couple of nights escape from the brutal heat down here. PHX is looking at 110, 109, 113, but Williams has proper weather:

UE8/11

85° /54°
Mostly sunny and warm
0%

WED8/12

86° /57°
Warm with plenty of sunshine
4%

THU8/13

87° /57°
Warm with partial sunshine
9%
Fellow Sun Devil!! Finished my undergrad at ASU long before Lake Tempe existed. So, I am very familiar with the brutal weather in Phoenix (and then, in the winter, riding my motorcycle down Scottsdale Rd. to campus having to navigate thru 2 ft. of flooding on the north side of the bridge over the Salt River). Also took my Triumph out to Parker Dam on a Labor Day weekend and nearly passed out by the time I got to Quartzite, it was so hot and draining (I10 stopped at Tonopah). Also took a trip *around* the Superstitions 1 day. Rode out to Apache Junction (no freeway back then) over to Roosevelt Dam (mostly gravel road), down to Globe/Miami and back around to Apache Junction. Great day ride but for the run out to Roosevelt Lake.

Learned to ski at the AZ Snowbowl. Loved the Verde River/Valley, Oak Creek Canyon, Superstitions. Always amazed on 17 heading north popping up onto the plateau and on into Flagstaff with all the pine trees. Beautiful country, lots of good memories...but glad to be in the Bay Area.