View Single Post
Old 08-13-20, 12:15 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 804 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by NomarsGirl
I don't like the heat and have figured out that early is the only time of day tolerable for me to be outside. What do you morning people eat before a ride? I have been having food issues (I don't eat enough) and need ideas for how to fuel my body so I can get out and ride. I'm not trying to lose weight so not concerned about calories or fat.

Just how early is "EARLY MORNING?"

After 90 minutes (or less) of a quick nap I will head out 10pm, 11pm, 12:01am, 1am -- basically whenever -- on nothing eaten because of dinner 5 hours earlier or after midnight I might have 1/2 banana with almond and peanut butter, maybe coffee, Medjool dates with pb, slice of N.Y. Style Cheesecake, M&M's all depends on distance (at least 50 miles) and effort I plan on riding. When weather was cool and feeling OK (before my Prostate Cancer dx in 2015) I would begin a Midnight Madness Over-nighter 100 miler having 1 OR no stops with a gel before leaving and then my stores as I rode. For my 70th Birthday Ride of 141 miles that I began around 9:45pm on July10, dinner was only 4 hours earlier so no eats but within 20 miles I had a banana and gel then ate, drank, had 2 stops with kit change and eats.
Likes For OldTryGuy: