View Single Post
Old 08-21-20, 01:22 PM
Nemosengineer 

Bikes: Teledyne Titan, Bob Jackson Audax Club, Bob Jackson World Tour, AlAn Record Ergal, 3Rensho Katana.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 623 Times in 245 Posts
My favorite race bike from the 70's was the Kawasaki H1R, the spawn of the evil H1 Mach III 500 triple, probably the worst handling most over powered and under braked production motorcycle of the late 1960's. What I liked about the H1R was anyone with a AMA Class C competition license could wander into the local Kawasaki dealer and buy one. The bike was good enough for Ginger Molloy (New Zealand), to take second place in the 1970 Grand Prix World Championship. Ginger was also clocked on the banking at Daytona in 1970 at an unheard of 159.83 MPH, with basically a production biased engine. My best guess is Gingers engine was putting out about 100 rear wheel horsepower to make that kind of speed.

Note the early dual Honda production CB 750 disc brakes grafted on to Ginger's H1R, second place in the 1970 Grand Prix World Championship, best disc brakes in the world at the time and this bike was a privateer effort, not a true works bike.

: Mike

Last edited by Nemosengineer; 08-21-20 at 01:28 PM.
Likes For Nemosengineer: