Old 09-02-20, 07:00 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 183 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by DougG
I stopped at my LBS and confirmed that the Crosstrail is done for. The sales guy was pushing the Sirrus X as the "replacement" but after researching that line I can give several reasons why I'm not buying it (pun intended). So if I really get serious about replacing my '13 CT, it looks like the Trek DualSport 4 would be a nice bet. My wife's owned 3 or 4 Treks but every time I'm in the market Trek's offerings are either not quite what I'm looking for or are priced above what I think they're worth. Case in point: when I bought my e-bike this year I ended up with a Specialized Vado instead of a Trek Allant+.

This time it looks like Trek will win out if it comes to that.
Thanks for the confirm! Had a feeling this was going to happen, especially since the last few years Specialized has been reducing the models of the Crosstrail. My bet is that they just didn't make much money of them. U.S. consumers are going more for the different variations of gravel bikes and ebikes.

I do wonder if the Sirrus X is supposed to be more similar to the Giant Toughroad....which strangely the flatbar Toughroad I heard is now discontinued.

Trek, Canyon, Giant, Scott, Cannondale, Fuji and am betting a few others still make these sport hybrids though. Just noticed today that Scott updated their web site and now has the 2021 inventory. The new Sub Crosses look nice.