Old 09-10-20, 09:24 AM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked 786 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
For sure it was nostalgia that had me bringing home my first old Schwinns from the thrift store as an adult, but it really was the fantastic ride quality that led me to plenty of challenging foothills rides on them. And I also like riding the 10-speed Suburbans with the upright bars on them.

I was reading this here, about the two orange Varsities, suddenly it sounded too familiar. So I looked at the post's author and, yep, same guy who came by today for a Craigslist-initiated bike trade! As we talked about the Varsities, I remember him telling me he used a modern, near-ground-level rack to carry them around, I joked that maybe a wheelchair lift might be best.

Anyway, it's a small world after all. Great meeting Tomm and perhaps someone could chime in who knows if (on a different topic here) Campagnolo ever sold the short-front/long-rear Record caliper set having recessed-mounting studs(?). Maybe a dedicated-topic post will be needed to get Tomm an answer(?).
Hi Dave !

I’ll get those pics to you today