View Single Post
Old 09-12-20, 01:11 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 1,454 Times in 827 Posts
Weighing a bike, by whatever means, will almost never match specs from a manufacturer/builder. Manufacturers weigh the bikes in a way that is going to give the lowest number they can get. Marketing places too much emphasis on weight. I am guilty falling of into the light weight hole to a point, but as I have aged, comfort has become more important. I get passed a lot no matter what bike I ride, I am OK with that. I have a titanium bike, bought used a couple of years ago, and it truly is lightweight and comfortable to me. I admit, I like that. Still, that is not he bike I ride the most. My two favorite bikes to ride, a Lemond Tourmalet and a Lemond Poprad, are both more than 2 lbs heavier when they are all stripped down to just the frame/fork and necessary components, no accessories. I have not weighed just the frames with the forks. That figure is likely less at that point.
Likes For delbiker1: