View Single Post
Old 09-23-20, 01:21 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11048 Post(s)
Liked 7,596 Times in 4,236 Posts
Originally Posted by am0n
How many hours do you ride and find the Black Bibs comfortable for? For the Tall, I know they say they added 2 inches to the inseam and straps. As per my statement above, do you have a long or short torso in comparison to your legs?

What do you mean by the seams not being flatlock?
Ive ridden centuries in them and my legs hurt, but my butt is fine. That isnt only thanks to the bibs, obviously, but I can say that the bibs certainly didnt impede me from riding.
Not sure if my torso or legs are long- im 6'5 so im overall just tall and am pretty sure I am average for upper/lower balance. I have think I have a 38" cycling inseam, i dont remember exactly as it isnt really something I care much about.
The bibs last well for me- they are washed, air dry, and have not lost any elasticity through use. I dont know the hours Ive put on bibs because thats crazy to track, but its a lot of hours and miles.

flat lock seams are smoother- they lie down more than traditional seams. The Black Bibs may have both regular and flat lock, I am really not sure. My only point in mentioning that was that it is something that some mention as a feature, but I certainly havent cared about it.

Originally Posted by am0n
I notice the BlackBibs are only dual density foam and others seem to be three or four layers of various densities. How much does that matter?
I think that the thickness matters just as much as, or more than, how many layers of varying density there is. Some like riding on thick plush pads and others like riding on thin pads.
I also think that the number of varying densities is a bit of a marketing misdirection. Oh they have 3 layers, but we have 4 layers. Its like blades on a razor.
A dense 10mm pad would be preferable to an 8 layer multidensity 90mm pad. Extreme example, but its meant to be for visual.