Old 12-10-20, 10:05 AM
Cyclist0100
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by am0n
Are there any websites or similar where you can go to find independent fitters? I live outside Boston, but so far everything I've found is attached to a bike shop. I checked the IBFI website (not sure how good that is) and the only one locally works for a shop that, based on reviews, is more concerned with pushing overpriced parts and custom bikes than anything.

I do plan, regardless of where I go, to make sure that what I get when done is a good set of measurements and dimensions that I can use to help narrow down a good bike for me. And yes, as I mentioned above, I watched a few of Cam's videos with Neill. Unfortunately, AUS is a very, very, very far trip for me to get fit. =P
I found my fitter through bikefit.com. Doing a quick search on their site I get a couple of results near Boston: 1) Fit Werx 2 in Peabody, MA and 2) The Velo Resource in Auburn, NH.

Since Fit Werx 2 is closer, here's their web address: https://fitwerx.com. I'm not endorsing them, just providing some info as an option to check out.

I've only used bikefit.com once to find one fitter, but I ended up hitting the jackpot. Not sure how strong of an indicator my experience is for other folks in other territories. However, it can't hurt to call and ask a few questions to see where it leads.