View Single Post
Old 12-21-20, 12:47 AM
RobiEli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Actually good wheels can provide a better ride. You have little experience which isn't a bad thing it is just the facts of the case. I don't mean it as an attack but two sets of low end wheels does not an expert make.

Get a decent bike with decent wheels, don't waste your time and money on cheap stuff from China of unknown quantity and quality. Custom bikes do cost some money but when done by professionals who know what they are doing, they can be excellent bike that will last a long time and have good support behind them. However in the meantime get yourself a decent bike and it doesn't have to be custom, yes custom is awesome but custom is expensive and unless you have really odd body proportions a off the shelf bike or at least frame can do you just fine. If you really want that custom bike like we have been saying, save up your money. Trust me it will be worth it in the end. If you need help with a build sheet let me know. I have a lot of them I have made for bikes I actually have built and own and many that I wish to build at some point (some full custom and very expensive that I am going to have to save up for)
I was never claiming to be an expert, otherwise I would have never started this post lol. I do feel I know enough though, from my personal experience, that it's not necessary to buy a super expensive wheelset....not for my needs anyway. As far as being cheap from China, I can only base my decision on feedback from people that have bought there. I've seen more on Walty frames than Toirays but both companies seem to have a lot of experience and good reputation. I tend to agree with some of the comments above and don't see a reason why these Chinese quality frames should be any less than US made. Anway, I'm not willing to spend $3000+ on a custom frame even if I saved up the money for it. Also my wife would never allow it so that's not an option .