View Single Post
Old 12-28-20, 07:09 PM
WheelsDoHeal

Bikes: 22 Specialized TurboVado SL 4.0,20 Specialized Sirrus X 4.0, 2019 Devinci Hatchet Carbon, Jamis Tangier

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Many people not only enjoy riding their bikes, but also feel that the way the bike looks and operates is important TO THEM. I am one of those people. Yup. I do Try to keep my wheelers and related items in number “2” condition or better, and know that scratches happen, But I still want to avoid getting And having them. Many of us will scrape their bike’s paint with various surfaces throughout the years, but I care about the mechanicals, the paint jobs, And Me: All Of It. And, Keeping the paint finish shiny and as damage free is a priority for Me; probably in my DNA or at least on a cellular level.
Ha !!
it may go back to when I received my First New bike; I was 7 years old and the bike was a bright blue; shiny and bright as a new dime ! It was THE most Awesome gift that I ever got. Our family was poor, by the the standards of the day, and so Any gift was a Big Deal for me. And now My OWN New Bike !!
So keeping my current bikes looking as when they were new, for as long as is reasonable, has become a priority and one which I enjoy very much. And if someone else doesn’t care, that I like it that way, then that is fine with me. To each their own.

My Davinchi Hatchet Carbon (bought new Jan 2020) has a beautiful, rich, two-tone red paint finish. Almost all of the bike’s painted surface is now “wrapped” in clear film; Lamin-x. Does that wrapping guarantee that the paint won’t get damaged ? No.
But it should help keep the bike looking fine And protect the paint from fade, scratches, rubs and ease cleaning. Similar to putting a tablecloth on your dining room table. I don’t plan on eating off the painted areas, but I must note that I name the bike’s primary color: Candy-Apple Red.

Also use a “Click-Stand” folding kickstand.

My efforts should Keep me Happy And help protect the paint for as long as I own it. At least that is the plan.

Last edited by WheelsDoHeal; 12-28-20 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Spelling