Old 01-02-21, 02:10 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Yup, my favorite hybrid, an early '90s steel frame Univega, has been through the original "flat" (actually slightly arced) handlebar, then riser bars with a bit of back sweep, to fully swept albatross bars. I prefer the albatross bars, although I might trim a bit off the ends to clear my knees for better handling on slow speed turns.

Or I might switch back to riser bars with a bit of sweep if I can find a lightweight heat treated aluminum bar. I'm spoiled by the Nitto albatross bar, excellent quality and very light. My original flat and riser bars were steel, very heavy. I'm surprised how noticeable it was, but when I first switched to the aluminum albatross bars, I'd often wheelie unintentionally from a stop on the slightest uphill. But if I switch back to riser bars I'll need to replace the bar-end shifters I'm using now.

My other bikes are standard drop bar road bikes but I still come back to that hybrid often when I want a more relaxed ride. It's my favorite for casual group rides, especially in traffic. It sits up high and I have better peripheral vision.
Likes For canklecat: