Old 01-06-21, 03:50 PM
mitchmellow62

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
Worst case is getting a .5mm thick shim washer for the DS. If the wheel currently fits into the dropouts easily, .5mm won’t be a problem.

Had to do that on a bike when I went to a Sachs Aris 7 speed freewheel; even with a 9 speed chain.

And yes, the miamijim thread was all about getting the freehub body closer to the DS dropout. With 126mm Cannondales, that thread was very pertinent for me.

John
To say that the miamijim thread only moves the body closer to the DS dropout is true but somewhat incomplete. What he did was rearrange spacers/washers and locknuts to take 2 mm from each side thereby keeping the hub in the same relative position so that the rim/tire remains centered in the stays and does not need any more dish. Miamijim noted that it could only be done with certain hubs. He noted the 8 speed dura ace and ultegra hubs. I did not mean to imply that this could be done with the WH-RS10 but I admit I was unclear on that point. I was meaning to provide information so that if the OP's current approach wouldn't work, miamijim's thread would give him an alternative approach. Of course, it would require purchasing an appropriate hub/wheel.