View Single Post
Old 01-10-21, 04:20 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3357 Post(s)
Liked 2,193 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
I’ve been doing a little research myself and the 530 looks like a great device to me, especially if you don’t need a touch screen. It has outstanding battery life and great mapping capabilities. Plus all the other cycling metrics. It’s gotten great reviews so far. I think it’s a good deal at the current price. I saw the 520+ on sale for a lot less but it’s had some issues.

I’ve used the mapping capabilities a lot lately since I figured out how to create routes on RidewithGPS and upload them to the Garmin. It’s opened up a whole new world of riding even around my house.

I’ve been nursing my 1000 along for a while now. The power button broke off but I can turn it on and off with a tiny screwdriver......plus the power port has some issues.
If you use navigation, the bigger touch screen on a 1000/1030 is easier to use. Allows pan and zoom of the map. I found that more useful then the buttons on the Bolt I had