Old 01-14-21, 10:29 AM
fleslider 

Bikes: 1974 Paramount ~ 1974 Raleigh Pro ~ 1977 Pro-Tour ~ 1978 TX900 ~ IronMan 85,87:E/M,88:M/Pro,89:E ~ 98 Peugeot Festina Replica

Liked 180 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
I found your pic interesting as I too have an 85. I posted it a few years ago and haven’t ridden it much or serviced it yet. Reason I am posting is mine also has the aero brake levers and the short stem. Discussion from before said they had been changed as the levers were from an 86. Mine is the 58cm frame and it seemed quite stock, but I figured there were more knowledge folks here. Mine had some tri bars on it so I assumed the change was made to not have cables in the way. I will be curious as to the originality of yours. Pretty color scheme that year.
My 85 was also updated to Aero Levers they were Aero Gran Compe's they should be non Aero Shimano 600 levers (which it will be going back to) the rear derailleur was also changed to a 600 tricolor. the bars and stem were also changed, the bars were newer 2000'ish era bars. The Aero levers were a common change when they came out in 1986ish. it was the thing to do.

For yours having tri bars i would suspect that yeah they changed the brake levers when they put the Tri bars on. not sure how well a non aero brake lever would function with Tri bars.