View Single Post
Old 01-27-21, 09:47 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Rigida DECO Rims / 1936 Baggi

A friend of mine (I cannot get him to post on this site) was able to provide to me some limited information regarding DECO rims since he has a rare Baggi bicycle from 1936 that he says have the original rims (per the original owner who received bike new as a gift in 1936). So it would seem these rims existed in the mid '30s to at least the early '40s (photo evidence of dates stamped onto rims).

Again, I implore the membership here to provide any knowledge and/or insight regarding these rims.

Thanks folks!

PS. Be safe! Wear a mask to help protect yourself and others. All of us healthcare workers greatly appreciate it!

PPS. I tried to post photos of my friend's Baggi bike and rims, but this site is now telling me I cannot post a photo. Aside from that, a completely useless search function does nothing to assist my research (it actually complicates it!). I am not sure why members here do not demand a better performing search function (I was told it sucked by a member when I first joined; no improvement over the YEARS!). And with that I am leaving this site; I will not be hampered by the one thing that everyone wants: photos! Also, I find sites like TONTON and Retrovelo are not as hampered by the state of politics, nor their effect; but even then spending time online is a death knell to one's physical and psychological health; at least mine! I would rather be cycling or fornicating!

Thank you, and take care all; moving on to the real world!

Howard

Nota Bene: anyone with my email or text number is welcome to contact me at any time.