View Single Post
Old 01-27-21, 07:25 PM
Bill Kapaun
Really Old Senior Member

Bikes: 87 RockHopper,2008 Specialized Globe. Both upgraded to 9 speeds. 2019 Giant Explore E+3

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked 1,311 Times in 904 Posts
Originally Posted by Gasman1440
Thanks....I did and its very helpful. This thread has been very informative for me as I said I’m really new to trying to fix a bike. I like my LBS and they have been helpful but I’m slowly buying a tool here and there and converting to tubeless and changing a cassette etc. Not close to trying to build a bike or fix something that is broken (did I say I’m not mechanical despite being a ME) but I like to learn new things, love to ride and find it almost meditative working on my bikes (or trying to)!
I think this will broaden your ME "legs".
Simply observing the machinations of a RDER in all the gear combinations can give one an appreciation of engineering.
Having a severe lack of formal education via Asperger's and a 9th grade Algebra teacher that didn't know the Quadratic equation pretty much derailed me. (she was also the principal, so nowhere to complain)
I personally enjoy a well built built wheel. Spoke tensions all equally sharing their part of the load in an artistic symmetry. My "art" tends to be simple mechanical designs that work well.
Likes For Bill Kapaun: