View Single Post
Old 02-13-21, 09:45 PM
Jimbo1983

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 31 Posts
Well it's been ages but I finally got it home and started the tear-down. Most of the parts will be a bit of a red herring with regards to ID I think, as there is a bit of everything;
Stronglight cranksets and bb, English threaded.
Miche pedals
Ambrosio bars and stems
Shimano front derailleur
Suntour rear derailleur
Seatposts are Strong, 26.4mm
Brakes Shimano STX cantis, with Weinmann levers
Suntour shifters.

The wheels are going to be a problem I think, one has a 27inch rim and the other is a 700c. Replacing them I think would be expensive and from what I have seen online you can't just chuck a normal road wheel on. They look like they have a lot of surface corrosion and I worry they won't take our weight, plus the mismatched size is a bit annoying.

Anyway, I have removed everything from the frame. Going to get threads chased, and a new headset as the old one literally fell out. Almost like the wrong size was fitted. I checked with a spare one I have and it would have to be pressed in so I don't know what happened there.
Here are some photos of the lugs etc on the frame. Looks like there is routing for a rear drum brake too although I forgot to get a photo. No serial that I can find. Should be a fun project, and I still plan on the goal of getting it going cheaply to see if we like it, and if we do spending a bit more on it, if not selling it.