View Single Post
Old 03-05-21, 02:36 PM
invalid.user
*bows*

Bikes: Giant Fastroad Advanced 1

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
This is absolutely disgusting!

Has anyone heard about the recent judgment that a Markham (Toronto suburb) judge passed for a woman who ran over and killed a cyclist last summer, then proceeded to drive off, lie about it to her parents, and the police until confronted at the autobody shop where her car was being fixed? Well, her sentence is essentially a curfew for a year; she can't leave home between 21:00-06:00, and can't drive for 3 years.

The deceased was a husband with 3 children. I feel absolutely disgusted thinking about what his family is going through. The judge is a serious psychopath who actually said during the ruling that some may find his judgment too harsh. Oh, and to make matters worse, it is likely that this spoiled rotten person was driving under the influence, as she posted on a photo on Instagram the night prior to the accident with the caption "photo as blurry as my night was". The sad part is the crown was only pushing for 6-8 months of jail time, which she managed to evade by getting a doctor's note saying she has asthma and need to be isolated due to COVID. What a joke. She left that man to die on the side of the road without second thought. Actually, she confirmed looking back and thinking he must've been dead. I feel so bad for the victim's family. What do you even do after something like that? Well, I know what I'd do if it was my father, but I'd probably get banned for saying it here, so I'll leave it at that.

Here's a link to the Toronto sub****** where this was being discussed (the thread was locked unfortunately): red dit .com/r/toronto/comments/lxp74a/woman_who_killed_markham_fatherof3_with_vehicle/ (remove the spaces)