View Single Post
Old 03-09-21, 12:59 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2531 Post(s)
Liked 767 Times in 536 Posts
You know, foofer, you and I are about the only two Captains regularly posting here, with a blind Stoker. As it is, Stoking requires huge amounts of trust in the Captain, and it isn't that easy to find. How many other tandems do you see out there? A blind Stoker is especially vulnerable. I showed your post to my Stoker. She was not pleased to learn your team had crashed again. We are not reading in your post your extreme regret that this happened, and your resolve to never let it happen again. And you have much more control over that than you seem to understand. Usually when someone posts to say they have gone down (and I've never seen a tandem team have to report this) the thread blows up with all the "get wells' and "good wishes" pouring in. I don't think anyone wants to touch this thread because from your first post here it was clear you didn't have a Captain's heart. Your tandem adventure wasn't going to end well. It is possible to ride for decades without crashing if you are careful enough. And that doesn't need to mean a boring and slow kind of careful. If your Stoker will ride with you again after this (mine wouldn't) you really have to figure out how to keep the both of you safe from harm better than you do.
Likes For Leisesturm: