Old 03-09-21, 06:44 PM
AJI125 

Bikes: 1972 Fuji The Finest | 1990 Bianchi Giro | 1999 LeMond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 134 Posts
New Bike Day: ‘82 Trek 613

Early 90s 8s Campagnolo (hodgepodge SRAM cassette with custom spacers). First gen Record Ergos. Croce crank thanks to Bikerider007 . Record (I think, thanks to Brewsmith ) RD with a Record OR cage for a bit more wrap. Athena clamp on FD. Need to figure out gearing as 53/42 and 11-28 ain't gonna cut it for me (was gonna run 46/30 and may still, hit a snag on the other crank, but do love the Croce look). 33mm Soma Supple Vitesse SL tires with latex tubes, smooth as silk on the chip seal and cracks.
Not sure on whether I’ll use the original (death) fork or keep the Tange CrMo chrome on there. The original didn’t have enough stack for the interesting Ofmega C-Record copycat headset I came across.
Front brake is a Dura Ace centerpull thanks to orangeology. Rear brake is only OEM component left. Technomic (as far down as I can push it) and Noodle handlebar. Not remotely vintage wheels, sorry.
First reasonable ride today and I set a bunch of PRs on a really common route for me. So either my trainer time is helping or this bike isn’t too slow. Snuck out to ride at lunch while 60deg before the snow (two feet in the forecast Fri/Sat/Sun). Slack sports tourer geometry (73/73 long CS) but feels great on the flats, climbing and descending.

Last edited by AJI125; 03-11-21 at 09:20 AM.