Old 03-10-21, 08:32 PM
Happy Feet

Liked 1,315 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta

Regarding enforcement...

How exactly would you propose enforcing this? How do you ID a delimited eBike in the field?

Or, perhaps more importantly to understand your viewpoint, do you think there SHOULD be limits on max power, top speed, or on throttles?
Well, there's always someone doing something stupid somewhere. For a while a group of mtbrs started putting broken branches in the gaps of jumps like pungi sticks. Who could enforce that? Sometimes random individuals do stupid stuff.

In federal or provincial/state parks it would be rangers, wardens or operators. Just as they enforce other rules like permits, fires etc...

More importantly peer pressure from user groups is usually effective. As I stated above, the largest demographic is also the most likely to enforce/observe rules. E-mtb riders are probably the easiest group to control in that regard - if they are included at the table. There will be outliers, as there is with current illegal trail building and poor condition riding and cutting corners etc... that will always occur.

Of course I support motor limits. I even bet the industry would as well if it meant better acceptance for e-mtbs.