Old 03-24-21, 11:06 AM
Grouperdawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
In my group of cyclists, all of us have become 50+. Funny how that happens. Vaccinated riders are popping up like daffodils. Washington's governor has just moved our state into Phase 3, which means restaurants are open at 50%, outdoor groups of up to 50 are allowed and so forth. I've thus reinstated our group rides. Our only rule will be masks on whenever off the bike. We always get all spread out anyway, so no large group worries.
It’s really interesting the different approaches and thoughts on Covid in other areas. I’ve lost several friends and a relative, so I take precautions this is the worst thing I’ve seen in my lifetime. But even the riders I know that are on what’s considered the careful spectrum here in our area of Georgia have still been doing group rides. After the rides chairs in parking lot but no one wears masks outdoors.

I’m not sure restaurants ever closed maybe early on. My son in HS has been going to school since the fall and we kept him in guest room in the basement and people thought we were crazy. At least half his friends have already had it, in fact I can only think of one that hasn’t had it. There is a decent chunk of people here that are against masks and think the whole thing is political and hype. Early on some parents were getting mad at other parents of students for reporting a kid positive to the school bc they were afraid of a school shut down
Likes For Grouperdawg: