Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3917 Post(s)
Liked 1,975 Times in 1,410 Posts
Originally Posted by Grouperdawg
It’s really interesting the different approaches and thoughts on Covid in other areas. I’ve lost several friends and a relative, so I take precautions this is the worst thing I’ve seen in my lifetime. But even the riders I know that are on what’s considered the careful spectrum here in our area of Georgia have still been doing group rides. After the rides chairs in parking lot but no one wears masks outdoors.

I’m not sure restaurants ever closed maybe early on. My son in HS has been going to school since the fall and we kept him in guest room in the basement and people thought we were crazy. At least half his friends have already had it, in fact I can only think of one that hasn’t had it. There is a decent chunk of people here that are against masks and think the whole thing is political and hype. Early on some parents were getting mad at other parents of students for reporting a kid positive to the school bc they were afraid of a school shut down
More than interesting, I would say. In my county, our "CASE RATE PER 100,000 FOR 2-WEEK ROLLING PERIOD" is 72. Our county death rate per week is currently 4. Seattle went from having one of the highest big city infection rates in the country at the start of all this, to having one of the lowest. One hardly ever sees a person indoors or out without a mask. Everyone who can, works from home on Zoom or similar. Every employee in every establishment is masked. Everyone who enters any place of business is masked. It's actually really simple. My wife an I ate in a restaurant last week for the first time in a year. The rule is to mask when not at your table. Everyone complies. It's the culture. I know or know of only a few people who've had it, 3 dead parents. AFAIK, no one in my riding group has had it, and none of them have been doing group rides. Everyone's been very careful about who they see. We've had a "Masks mandatory past this point" sign on our door. We took it off a couple days ago now that we're vaccinated and have so far seen 2 old friends "face to face" again, as it were.