View Single Post
Old 04-02-21, 03:31 PM
sooni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Hylix Carbon Scam

I purchased the Hylix Zero Carbon+Ti Seatpost-27.2. There was no way to tighten the clamp without slipping, even with carbon paste. I weigh 140 pounds.

Started a return with ebay seller "lan28033" or paypal alias "Liu Liqiang". He admitted the item was faulty and told me to ship itback. When I gave him the quote for shipping with tracking he instructed me to send it back without tracking, which I did after he sent me the refund ( I know stupid).

Sent the item back because it was useless and was asked to close the ebay case. Stupid me didn't realize he sent me the money on paypal as a "buyer" instead of refunding my purchase.

6 months later this scammer started a dispute with paypal posing as the "buyer" and won the case because I did not provide tracking even though I was specifically instructed not to. To make matters worse, I paid for the return shipping out of pocket (I know stupid), and was charged a "dispute fee" by paypal because he told them I was the seller!

Just a heads up for anyone who thinks they can save a few bucks. The tolerances are garbage.

Also, be careful with sellers who manipulate paypal.