Thread: Local Test Tour
View Single Post
Old 04-12-21, 06:55 PM
Bassmanbob

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix EVO 3, 2015 Trek 520, 2017 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, 2022 Moots Vamoots Disc RSL

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 142 Posts
To respond to the last three posts (first off, thank you for responding) I’m surprised how many people don’t want to cook while on tour. Being a foodie, I think cooking would be part of the fun. Depending on how it goes, I may even get a better cooking set up for the future. We will see if I enjoy it on the road as I like it at home. I am carrying more food than I need to simulate a two day period away from a good food source. My buddy coming with me likes this idea too.

Im not sure how to cut any clothing: 1 kit wearing, 1 kit on the bike or drying for the next day, one shirt,pant,undies,socks and sandals. One bathing suit and t-shirt. One jacket (rain). I am in Southeast Florida, but it went down to the high 50’s last weekend. I do have the jacket, so I could discard the top base layer and buff. Perhaps the bottom base layer too. I could wear all my clothing to sleep and discard the blanket. Hmmm... But I really hate being cold. I’ll think about this. Oh. And this is Florida. It can unpredictably rain any day, and when it does it comes down in buckets. So I’m keeping the rain jacket for cool weather and if it rains. I’m not taking my rain pants because I don’t expect it to get that cold. I can deal with wet, slightly cool legs.

I thought about bringing a folding chair, but thought that was too much of a luxury, especially that both campsites have picnic tables.