View Single Post
Old 04-13-21, 03:44 AM
str8jakett
I pedal in my sleep...

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced 2015, Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2015, Giant TCR Advanced 0 ISP 2008, Cube Cross Race SL 2018, Chapter2 TOA 2022

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by sarhog
Just received a pair of Cerotipolar summer mesh bibs from Amazon today. These are the “Ace racing level” (their highest of 3 levels). I think that gets you a “better” lime green chamois and mesh material for better cooling.
With a nod to LarRig , the leg grippers are identical to my Black Bibs plus. I’ll wear them in the coming days and report back for those that are interested.
They were $57.

Cerotipolar on the left, Black Bibs plus on the right.
Leg grippers on each pair. “Identical! You can see what the mesh material looks like on the pair on the left. (The pair on the right are Black Bibs plus.)
I'm certainly interested in your review.

I own seven pairs of Black Bibs. Five original and as of late last year, two Plus versions with the addition of the gray and dark blue bibs. I absolutely love the $40 bibs, but something is off with the pads on the Plus bibs. I thought the pads were the same between the two models. All seven pair are size medium, but the Plus pads fit weird, feel larger, bulge in weird places. Maybe they weren't sewn into the bibs correctly. I thought maybe they would soften up and shape with time but that hasn't happened as of yet. While I really like the color, and the addition of the leg grippers (although I've never felt they were needed), the pads are ruining the Plus bibs for me in a big way.