View Single Post
Old 04-20-21, 01:33 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Liked 643 Times in 480 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
GCN is great.

Their US coverage of Le Tour is highlights only unless you VPN yourself elsewhere.

Has anyone done that with GCN yet? Looking to confirm that the IP change alone is enough, and they haven't branded me a US account for those restrictions independent of the IP.
Originally Posted by jsxcsnow
You should try it and see what happens. Tour of the Alps all this week. Amstel Gold was just yesterday. Should be replays available if it will work.
Originally Posted by sdmc530
reported to not work. Not sure why but rumor is that it doesn't I was going to try this too, but now I am chicken too.
Originally Posted by slcbob
Tour of the Alps is open live to US audience without IP jiggery pokery. Not a valid test subject for if/when I choose to do a science project.
Originally Posted by surak
Can confirm that VPN works.
Another confirmation here that you can use a VPN with GCN racing. I use Express VPN and just choose London. Don't have any lag issues with my very pedestrian broadband.

Infact you can enable the VPN and not have to restart the app, just back out of the race info page then go back in.

I also have NBC gold because it's like $20 now and I like Anthony McCrossan who does all of nbc's add free coverage.
Likes For GrainBrain: