Old 04-23-21, 04:15 PM
Indigo82

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
I'd like to update this thread with the latest news on Super Moto-X tires. Well, despite all the previous talk in this thread and my concerns, I took the plunge and bought the tires. They are now on my rims which are 19mm internal. According to Schwalbe they are fine. Some said be careful instead. However, I installed them and test rode them 55km off-road thinking that if something isn't right I will just buy wider rims.. They are one very nice set of tires 26x2.4 (62-559). More comfortable than my Marathons 26x1.75 off-road and on road. I run them at 30 psi (2 bar). That is enough so that when I sit on the bike (77kg) rear tire has minimal deformation. They are not 62mm wide but more like 56-58mm. And that is very good so I have enough clearance for Magura hydraulic rim brakes and their boosters. Tires are almost perfect on my rims. Zero wobble. I never had tires that are so true. That also helps with tight clearances with brakes. Plus, I have ring lock on my rear wheel. Luckily enough clearance there too. Tires roll well over asphalt, gravel and dirt. In coming Sunday I will be taking them on 100 mile day asphalt road ride. They ride predictably. No issues with cornering. Also, they increased the size of my wheels. Now, I am riding 27 inch wheels instead of 26 inch wheels, overall wheel circumference is increased (Marathons 47-559 26x1.75 were exactly 26inch in diameter). Actually, these are very fast tires despite the additional weight. Looking forward to do some longer off-road touring on these tires.

Likes For Indigo82: