Old 05-07-21, 01:43 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11080 Post(s)
Liked 7,665 Times in 4,271 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrstar
Take a look at all the other brands Trek had that are now defunct.
Klein
Lemond
Gary Fisher
Villager

Every product has a life cycle.
What is your point? This doesnt answer what I asked.
I asked if you think that since Trek makes entry level bikes, is that a bad sign for the Trek brand.

You listing some brands that Trek bought and stopped utilizing doesnt answer my question.

Reality is that some brands have a wide range of products since the marketplace is so wide ranging. Those brands choose to try and capture volume and they do this intentionally versus what you claim, which is that they are maxed out at a price point and need to then get more customers at a lower price.
Trek, Specialized, Giant, Marin, Kona, Jamis, Cannondale, etc all do this intentionally- Are you claiming its a bad sign for all these brands that they are selling bikes at an entry price point?

Counter to the approach of the brands above, some other brands only offer entry level bikes- Poseidon, State,etc.
Counter to both of the already mentioned approaches, some brands only offer higher level bikes- Open, Cervelo, etc.

You seem confused as to why some brands have a wide range of offerings.