View Single Post
Old 05-15-21, 03:45 PM
Grouperdawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
If you do not cross-chain drastically then not such a problem. And very precise tuning can get it pretty good. You could see if the mechanic could shim out your crank to the right side a millimeter or so as a possible fix. Or just shift to the big ring sooner. Or change to a GRX crank and derailleur (need both to match). Also a different brand chain might be just enough of a difference to eliminate some of the rub. Or a couple thousandths shim stock under the inner ring crank bolts might pull the inner ring in just enough to give extra clearance between the rings to solve the problem. We use brass shim stock for all sorts of fixes like this, but that is a dying art in many shops these days where the mechanics are increasingly just part replacers instead of true problem solvers.
The derailers that came with it are the grx 810s; seems like it would make more sense to pair it with grx crank idk.

I wouldn’t mind a little noise but none of my other bikes are anywhere near this loud where people are asking why it’s making so much noise

My son road it today and said it was also noisy in the big and 11 & 13 cogs in the back, not sure what that is I’m going to ride it tomorrow