View Single Post
Old 05-15-21, 09:55 PM
arty dave

Bikes: 30's Speedwell Club Racer, 40's Speedwell 'Z' racer, 50's Unknown Aussie with nice lugs, 50's Speedwell Roadster, 50's Repco Roadster, '63 Raleigh DL-1, 70's Raleigh Sprite, Puch Promenade with Nexus 8

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Resilion rehab

Originally Posted by Johno59
like I said above. All is replaceable with modern brake cable inners,outers, pads etc.

These are not boosted as the more traditional cantilever opens and closes much better than the more modern compact version I have boosted with the green spring in the first foto.
Johno when you say modern inners, what did you use for the split cable? Is it the dual cable bmx stuff? If it's the bmx cable is it easy to crack open their cable splitter housing to get the bare cable out? The only other way I can see is to braze new cable into the original splitter fitting. But I don't really feel confident to do that myself. I guess I could find someone to do it for me.

And I think you've used a knarp at the coiled end but I can't zoom in far enough to see for sure...is that right?

Thanks in advance for any advice... I've been pondering this for a while now but am still a bit stumped with how to deal with replacing the split inner cabling.

Last edited by arty dave; 05-16-21 at 10:29 PM.