Old 05-17-21, 05:17 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,304 Times in 708 Posts
Black Velo Orange zeppelin fenders installed.

They weren't the easiest things to install, partially because of the oversized tyres, but also because the supplied hardware wasn't always the greatest quality. The fork crown daruma bolt simply snapped in half when I tightened the fender to it the second time after refitting.
Luckily I still had some stainless steel Honjo front and rear fender stays that mounted on the outside and don't take up as much real estate on the inside of the fender as the thick (aluminum?) nuts that came with it.

On a different note, I think this bike is a prime candidate for a frame bag. There is a ton of room there, even with the bottom bottle cage holder being a Velo Orange Mojave that can fit Nalgene bottles and the like. I need to test fit the second Mojave bottle cage on the underside of the downtube but I think I can fit a regular 1L Nalgene there, but I will have to double check if it doesn't interfere with the small chainring.

I was also thinking of using a black to pink fade handlebar tape once the bar-ends come in. Might be a bit too much but it could also be an excellent contrast as a CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow (gold) blacK) colour scheme.

Last edited by JaccoW; 05-17-21 at 05:32 AM.
Likes For JaccoW: