rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 6,081 Times in 3,101 Posts
Originally Posted by willmarksni
Pavements, bike lanes, share lanes, asphalt. I can only dream. I live in Ireland where many of our roads are just about wide enough for two cars to pass each other without clipping their wing mirrors. I have been shouted at for cycling considerately on a shared path, that we will refer to correctly as "Cycle Route 93". Apparently bikes shouldn't be allowed on Cycle Route 93 (for no apparent reason by the way - there was no incident or near miss or inconvenience, just a cyclist passing a pedestrian very slowly and with space). On this thread I must say running on a cycle lane, and putting cyclists in traffic, because you prefer the surface, wouldn't wash where I live - it would be socially unacceptable.
Absolutely love your beautiful country, at least the southern half I have driven. Have to say any serious cyclists in your country has to have brass orbs. Talk about seriously narrow roads, lanes, donkey paths. You have to courageous and maybe a little crazy to spend hours on your roads. While I was there for three weeks, a cyclist was killed on the Ring of Kerry.

I rented a pretty small car and there was many a time I held my breath when passing an oncoming vehicle. One pass was at 1 mph and our mirrors cleared by 2”. You are a noble man.