View Single Post
Old 05-20-21, 12:19 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I thought about doing a 3x1 or 2x1, but in the end decided to keep my project as simple as possible, and just learn to ride it. The riding areas for a SS in my area are pretty limited (lots of long and steep climbs), but this will really just be an occasional distraction from my road bike. Here's my project...https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-...peed-26er.html
Nice and simple.

I like the front suspension fork. If there was one thing that limits my 2x2 it's being rigid (having beefed up the brakes already). But it is also a 1" headtube. I haven't given it much thought but if I could find a sus fork that fit I would probably ride it a lot more. With the e stay design it's a conversation starter.

The steep access climbs here are why I went 2x. Otherwise, my local conditions would be limited as well. I don't really see SS locally because of that. It would involve 2km+ hike a bikes for each run. The extra climbing gear is just enough that I can do the up trails as well as downhill and get a good cardio workout.

In the interior like Merrit or Kamloops there are some great horizontal trails that run through sage brush etc... that would perfectly suit ss.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 05-20-21 at 12:22 PM.
Likes For Happy Feet: