Old 05-25-21, 05:49 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,046 Times in 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by BrechtH
Great! Thanks for the reply, the additional info and to add the photos! I bought it in France, seatpost diameter is 27.2mm.
Originally Posted by BrechtH
For your info: found some pictures on the internet of a Peugeot Professionnel 1000 (mid nineties), seems to be a close match with the ones on the Mavic Car (straight fork). Apparently seatpost diameter 27.2mm, Columbus Neuron Tubing.
I wouldn't expect a 27.2mm post on a 1985 Peugeot, as they were stilll using metric standard, 28mm outer diameter seat tubes. That post size falls more in line with a imperial standard, 28.6mm outer diameter seat tube. I hadn't considered that it might be from another decade, such as 1995. We didn't see many Peugeot road bicycles in North American by that time, as the lineup being dominated by ATBs and hybrids and what we did see was being manufactured in Canada. Now that I think of it, the mid-1980s seat post set screws were typically placed lower on the back of the seat tube.

27.2mm seat posts are a common size for higher grade steel tubesets with imperial standard seat tubes.. They were used on multiple Columbus tubesets, as well at least a couple of Reynolds tubesets. Please confirm the outer diameter of the seat tube and remove the front wheel to see if there are five helical ridges, on the inside of the fork's steerer tube.
Likes For T-Mar: