View Single Post
Old 05-27-21, 02:07 AM
cjenrick

Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts
i bought a park tool patch kit and the glue was useless, could not get the patch to stick, i wonder if the goverment made them tone down the ingredients? so i just stocked up on tubes, my patching days are over. got about 40 of them, kenda, bell, you name it, all in that super rare 33mm stem cuz we old.

yes the glue dries up soon after you open the tube.

they use to have these cool little spansules, it was one dose in a gel like tear-dropped shaped package with a nipple you snipped off, best glue i ever used, but apparently someone let their child eat one and that was that, taken off the market.

come to think of it they did kind of resemble gummy bears with their red color and squishy texture so i can see the mistake happenin.

what to do with the old tubes? i was thinking of maybe a water balloon slingshot (summer is almost here), a hammock, a rope swing, and possibly a new butyl lawn chair. all the tubes look the same. probably all from the same factory with 1000 workers and a hundred watt light bulb and bad ventilation. sad, hate to support that but what to do? maybe go tubeless?

Last edited by cjenrick; 05-27-21 at 02:19 AM.