View Single Post
Old 06-28-21, 10:14 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10632 Post(s)
Liked 12,255 Times in 6,283 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
actaully im rather humble and know there are much stronger riders than me, I just don't like slower riders telling me what to do. It's like someone weaker than you offering unsolicited advice at the gym about lifting technique (not that I lift lol). You have no idea how often I get people telling me to get drop bars, cleats, a helmet, a road bike, give advice on cadence, etc etc etc when they don't even ride seriously
And there you go, again making it about you being faster than them. What, did some lycra-clad cyclist run over your favorite puppy?

All of the things you've been advised to do would make you faster. And don't tell me again that the bike isn't holding you back, because that's BS. Put out the same watts on a more aerodynamic bike, and you'll be faster. You know that or you wouldn't have cobbled together your 'aero bars'. I can tell you from personal experience, little things can make a huge difference. I had a bike fitting, probably about the same year you were born, which adjusted three things - saddle height, saddle setback, and bar height - all by about a centimeter, and my pedal stroke became much more efficient and the bike became much more stable on descents. So, you may think the bike isn't holding you back, but you don't know.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles