View Single Post
Old 07-20-21, 04:29 PM
FolderBeholder

Bikes: 1963 Schwinn, EuroMini Urbano, Magnum Premium 48, Brompton S6L, Tokyo Bike Mini-Velo

Liked 46 Times in 29 Posts
I can’t speak for DownTube bikes but the recent news of the company’s changes (or simply fading away) is enough to dissuade me from even consideration of their products (whatever remains of their inventory).

That said I DO have 2 Zizzo (formerly EuroMini branded) Urbano bikes now over 4 years old, well ridden and still going strong with very few problems, but exemplary support when needed. This may be as simple as a simple technical question with someone to speak with, a replacement DR hanger when one fell over, or most recently a purchase of some new folding pedals after several thousand miles and a couple of rebuilds of the original pedals. I’ve also purchased these bikes for others as gifts, recommended the brand to friends who have bought them, and in general voiced my COMPLETE satisfaction with the bicycles.

Those who know me will tell you that I can be a tough customer in terms of fault-finding and such, and these bicycles have exceeded my expectations for a (at-the-time $300.- dollar) folder since day one, and continue to do so. And since I won’t take an internet purchased bike to an LBS (they really don’t love that…) my satisfaction not only includes the actual bicycle, but the ability to call their Tech Dept. and speak with someone who can help me service my bike if/when I need a question answered specific to their bicycles.

In short these were our first folders, and despite owning others the wife and I each still adore these Zizzos and both rate them as our favorites.